Saturday 16 February 2008

Wednesday 6th of February

Finally I had my baby back!!!!! They closed all extra oxygen support from the hood and James stayed between 70-80% in saturation. Mostly above 75% which is the limit for the doctors, when James is happy :o). It was so wonderful to finally have him out from his UFO, tent or whatever you would like to call it. James had been "camping" for almost two weeks now in his oxygen tent. James had his pinguin mask on during the day. So when I took him out from the room in the pram I had a portable oxygentube with me, plus his food drip and the saturation metre. It was ridicolous how happy i was to finally have him with me just out from the room. I showed him off in the pram and james was fascinated about all the lamps above him. Of course he was greeted by the staff and he fired away some smiles. When we finally came outside the room I called Nigel silly happy telling him the good news. Well after a while in the corridor I did not know what to do anyways so we went back to the room again. Hahahaha.

Elisabeth came over for a chat and I brought up my feeling of insult and humilliation after the clumpsy comments from the doctor. Elisabeth said she would deal with it and I was releaved I did not go out to the staff in rage unrationally earlier. It was nice to have Elisabeths support and she totally agreed and understood why I felt as I did Saturday night. I pointed out it was the approach, someone assuming behind our backs and if it would happen to first time parents. It was the main reason why i brought it up with Elisabeth I did not want it to happen to anyone else. The relationship to the staff is VERY important to me and I am VERY fond of them. So it felt good to bring it up so I could let it go and not worry.

The conselour Anita came over to inform me about leave with very sick child, health benefits for James etc. We had a nice chat and giggles as well. The physio therapist came over and gave us praise as parents because of how we had been working with James so he shifted flem and became better rapidly. It was really nice to hear but I felt like a big question mark hahahaha. Well I tried to put it on my plus account to feel better about myself :o).

Nurse Elna came in and we talked about James oxygen. The doctor said they would try and take away the oxygen by the next day but we agreed to try this day instead since he only had 2,5L at that time. It worked splendidly!! :o) The telemetric (the monitoring of James heart from the nurses room) was also taken away, I felt totally safe about it. They kept the saturation metre on though. James saturation dropped a bit a couple of times, but who have time to breathe when you have bunnies you can hit and kick?? :O)

No comments: