Friday 15 February 2008

Tuesday 5th of February- Still in the UFO- Day 11

I woke up at 08.00 when Viveca was with James and doing her controls on him. James was fine in saturation and sweet nurse Carina entered the room. She said the doctor wanted her to lower the oxygen in the mask. I asked her why they would not lower the oxygen in the UFO instead? She said she did not know. Doctor Petru came in doing his rounds. He is a medium short , dark haired doctor by rumour he is from Rumania, I must remember to ask him. Most importantly he is very kind and takes his time to inform and to explain things. First I asked him why they lowered the oxygen in the mask first and not in the UFO? He said because James seems to tolerate lower oxygen in the mask but not in the tent, most probably because in the tent it is humid which helps freeing his airways. I asked Petru if his saturation suddenly dropping if it was because of his heart. He said it was the case because of the shunt being smaller and the circulation varies. Either it goes out in the body or to the lungs. He said James used to use a bigger part of his lungs inclusive the fistles healthy children don’t use. But since his body needs oxygen this space has been used as well. Now when he is ill and has a lot of flem this part is not used and his saturation drops. Adding with his circulation is not as it has been.
James oxygen was lowered from 10L to 5L the day before. Today the lowered it to 3L. So far so good :o)! I just want to be able to take out James from the UFO so I can hold him and snuggle. I have not held him properly since 11 days back. I miss him :o( and so does his devoted Daddy of course. I called Nigel after Petru had left to give him an update. I want to do it as quick as possible when I know things so Nigel is included as quickly as possible.
It is amazing how James accepts everything. He is not just a little toddler who just sleeps eats and fill his nappies. He needs more attention of course and has his own little language. He love mummy and daddy but for some reason he appreciate attention from sweet nurses just as much. He is a real ladies boy our little charmer. Fifth teen years from now I will be the one guarding our sons room with a shotgun :o) of course loaded with salt but I am a fairly good shot ;o).

No comments: