Friday 15 February 2008

Tuesday 29th of January- RS-virus Day 4

James is feeling a bit better. He has a lot of tummy pain as he usually has :o( .
He has been crying extremely much at home, or screaming of pain for ten minutes and then fallen asleep of exhaustion. Elisabeth and Lotta recommended lactulous a slight laxative to make it even easier for him to pooh. Even if it had normal consistency it was too difficult for James to pooh by himself. It helped for about 1.5 weeks then it was back to how it was again.
One of the nurses said they were going to take another RS-virus test on James and he would be moved somewhere depending what the test said. Either up in 67 the cardiology ward or at Child ICU. Of course ward 67 did not want a RS-virus wander around in their ward so I found it unlikely they would take him and he was way too well, thankfully, to be taken up to ICU. The infection ward chief definitely had a strop on and wanted James moved since he took a lot of his staff. I was happy about that since it made me feel insecure and I felt unsafe to have him on ward 62 since some of them were insecure when it came to James low saturation and special heart. Nigel came over as he did every day. I was exhausted. So was he. All the mental stress you go through inside. The worries about James had been worse of course these last couple of days. But he was going in the right direction, he started to feel better. I was not, O was really angry inside. Poor Nigel thought I did not want him in the hospital with me. I was full o f adrenaline. James´s panic attacks had taken it course. It affected me and I kept it inside of me. The nutritionist Lotta came over and had a chit chat with me. I forgot to ask her the most important thing, if she had any formula without cow milk protein to offer James. Just to try and see if his tummy pains went better. I waited hours to find out where James would be moved. Thankfully Elisabeth came down and talked to us. She wandered off to find out where we were going. She goes straight to the top. Ten minutes later we learned that James was going up to 67. It pleased me, home sweet second home :o). We can always trust Elisabeth´s. She is our link outside the hospital and our ass-kicker ;o) inside the hospital. She is gold.
Viveca James´s first caring nurse came down to pick us up with young nurse Elna. We had a fun walk up to 67 with, oxygen tank, drip and everything else. Nigel took some pictures of us walking up. When we passed the reception in 67 we were greeted. I was silly happy. It made me feel safer, the staff here knew James and had handled 100 of 100 heart children. I knew most of them. Most importantly I knew they were not insecure about the care of James. If the staff acts insecure I become very nervous and feel angry because of this.
Soon in room 8 James realised his advantage to be moved. He had a play mobile with rabbits in different colours over his bed. He was happy as Larry!! Of course the sick humour I have made me call them his playboy bunnies, probably only me laughing about it ;o). James had a fairly good day. In the evening two very good friends of hours showed up with food, magazine, book, drinks and sweets. So sweet!! They have practically lived on ward 67 for 6 months so they have a lot of tips. Devastatingly their baby boy was now an angel. They knew how to take the underground corridors to get to the hotel. When it is late and rainy it is not fun to go outside to walk to the hotel. I booked in to the patient hotel since James still would have a nurse by his side during night. My friends kept me company and showed me the way. Nigel had left a bit earlier.

No comments: