Friday 15 February 2008

Monday 4th of February- Sleepy Day- Day 10

James was a bit worried during the night. He had his Ventoline inhalations at 24.00 and 04.00 as ordinate. I heard the alarm go off several times because of James saturation going down under 65%. At one point the nurse came in and she said James pulse was a bit too low, it went under 80bpm most probably because of the kloridhydrat. So she inhaled him with adrenaline to make his pulse raise. So because of saturation and too low pulse he had adrenaline at 02.00 and 06.00 as well. He woke up several times where I was able to calm him and go back to sleep. Wonderful Birgit came in at 08.00 and weighed James and washed him off. We agreed he would finally have a refreshing bath because he was minging to say the least. He is living in a very humid and warm environment, I am just waiting for him to grow mushrooms under his arms and chins ;o) Eeewww poor boy. You should see him in his soft chair we put him in. He looked like a little Buddha n his thrown. :o) Ingrid and I gave James a good scrub. Anita came in to have a talk to me. The nurse came in with medicine, James had more milk connected to the pump. I cracked a joke with James and Michael Jackson and their oxygen tents.
Nigel and I talked a couple of times and he came over for a while before going home to the boys.
I asked to talk to Dr Thomas during the rounds. He said we could expect James to have extra oxygen support for weeks, it is going to take a while for him to get back to where he was.
Viveca James´s assistant nurse for the evening was kind enough to stay with James for a while so I could take a quick walk outside and get some fresh air. I met up with Karin by the patient hotel and she showed me the way to little angel darling´s grave. It was of course really, really nicely decorated his parents. We had a quick walk back and a cup of tea and a chat. James was a bit anxious and had tummy pain. But his tummy was way better today.
James was very tired this day and slept most of the time. I went to bed early and it was one of the most calm nights since James fell ill.

No comments: