Friday 15 February 2008

Friday 25th of January – Cold?

I had been in contact with Elisabeth the last couple of days because James sounded a bit more flemmy. I was not sure if it was a cold. I did not think so. James is always more and less flemmy it is a side effect of his diagnose. The reason why he now was back on a feeding tube was just because of his flem. He became more flemmy and started vomiting because of it. Elisabeth and I discussed it and if he had a cold and showed more symptoms on it being a cold I had to call ward 67 and call off his surgery on Tuesday, so another child could get his operation time. Of course no operation if he was not completely healthy.
Neville had a virus with minor fever and coughs for a week. I brought him back to day care on the Tuesday. When I picked him up the staff said they had stomach flu going around at dagis. I damned myself and said he is not coming back more this week. I wanted to keep him home so he would not catch anything and jeopardises James. Friday arrived. My dad was sweet enough to pick up the 4 boys at the train station so I did not have to drive up to Höganäs and drop them off. Mum and Dad arrived this day to help us out next week. I really looked forward to see them. They are both invaluable, lovely and they mean a lot to the both of us. I prepared tea to have it ready when Mum, Dad and Nigel showed up. James was a bit anxious and cried on and off. I desperately tried to comfort him by rocking his bouncer with my foot and cooking at the same time. He vomited a couple of times. It is common so I just picked him up, stopped his feeding pump, changed him into clean clothes and started the pump again. Mum, dad and Nigel arrived. James was a bit whiny but he took a nap during tea (knock on wood :o). During the evening he started to cry a bit more. It did not feel right but he seemed to have a for him “normal” saturation. Then he started crying a lot, like he had tummy pain. I love disco dancing and usually have high music dancing with the children. I put James favourite song Bombastic and danced with him, which calmed him. Later I said to Nigel, blimey he has the stomach flu and not the operation is off on Tuesday. James calmed down and fell asleep.

No comments: