Tuesday 19 February 2008

Monday 11th of February- Signed out

I was stressed going to the hospital. Mainly because I knew i was about to drive Nigels old car! Well it is right hand drive which i dont care about. BUT!! Parking in the parking house is not the easiest. I stressed off and first made sure i had the monthly parking card with me, mixed james milk since i knew it would take more than four hours, packed medicine and everything. James filled his drawers. Happily blue in his face, he could manage himself. "Congratulations you could do it without pain and thankyou for doing it now hahahaha". I quickly change on him, out the nappy changing bah by the door, grabbed the keys, placed James securly in the car, locked the house door and cleared off to the hospital. All I could think about was the parking house. i knew i had to stop, place the gear in neutral, pull the handbreak, climb over to the passenger seat, pull in the card in the machine, throw myself back to the drivers seat, gear one and loose the handbreak. I did and the blessid gate did not open. I had been so concentrated on the proceedure I did not see if the gate opened meanwhile. I did it again and it said monthly card places were full! Outside it had said four places left and I was first in line! I had to take a normal ticken and drove in. Unpacked james, took out the push chair to place James´s car seat in it and.......... My FLAMING (oh I just thought it to myself :o& ) changing bag!!!!!!! Where still nicely by door at home. NOT my day!!! No purse, no money for the parking ticket, I knew everything else James could have at the hospital. I sighed to myself I believed Nigel would have a strop on and I would have to wait at the hospital for him to come after work.

I rolled my eyes explaining how airheaded I was to the staff and asked if they had Nigel´s mobile number and if i could borrow the phone. Of course :o) They were sweet as ever. Well Nigel did not have a strop on and offered to come earlier. I responded with "home sweet home I can stay here until you arrive after work, no worries". I was so releived since Nigel did not a have a strop on HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!

Everything was fine with james, his saturation was 77% when he was happy. Of course he was crying for ten minutes so they had to wait for to him to calm down so his saturation would not show 55% instead. The nurses was wonderful as usual and served James with food and me too!! Annika the research nurse borrowed me 50kr so we could drive home without waitng for Nigel. I am so GRATEFUL!!! Thankyou Annika!!

I cant stand when people have strop ons because of mistakes, noone are perfect and we ALL do mistakes. I have in my "former" life taken way too much two faced cruelty I do NOT do so ANYMORE and noone else should either!!!!! Yet again aproaching is very important to me, empathy and have a laugh about it, it happens to everyone. The person who have done a mistake feel bad enough to have someone else pointing fingers at it. Shrug and have a laugh for Petes sake!!!!

No comments: