Tuesday 9 October 2007

September 28th – One sick mummy – no news really :o)

The doctors took away some medication from James as he was doing really well! He was behaving :o)
I was still not well. Though I felt a bit better and decided to go to the breast feeding unit to get some tips after lunch. The woman working there took a look at my name and she said “how is he doing?” Turns out she was there when I called in to the breastfeeding unit to ask about whether to call an ambulance or go by ourselves. Her colleague took the call and said she just froze when she heard my distress and message that he was dying in my arms. I asked her to send all my regards and thanks to the woman that supported us.
About me….well she told me if I still had high fever the next day I should go to emergency. I thought that was nonsense, but knew it would be stupid to not just do an easy checkup.
Nigel and I drove home. I missed the kids tremendously plus Mum and Dad of course. They both were doing an excellent admirable job at home with the kids and everything else. Dad had built out our storage room besides the stairs and Mum had scrubbed down the greenhouse. Every time Nigel talked to them they were doing washing! I don’t know how we will ever be able to give back what they have done for us. I really hope James can help us with his smile for Mum and Dad in a couple of months.
Going home I wore two jackets. I was totally exhausted when I finally arrived home. I headed straight to bed forgetting to take off the jackets. I fell asleep instantly, Nigel went off a couple of hours with M to a party, Mum and Dad were downstairs with all the other kids. A couple of hours later mum awoke me with some trouble. I still slept with very high fever wearing two jackets. Not the smartest thing to do :o).

No comments: