Saturday 29 September 2007

September 23rd – Still grieving part 3

Every one of the staff had been lovely so far. This day a nurse’s aid worked, she was new to us. She was really nice to the babies, but very insecure in the approach to the parents. It was obvious she didn´t know how to handle the situation. She stood over us all the time; she informed us about things... she nervously informed us about every tiny thing. Several times she had a nervous laughter and talked down to us. Saying oh I guess you haven’t much experiences of hospitals, trust me you don´t want to be around when they incubate him. I had to bite my tongue. She talked like she was a doctor. Her approach was outrageous. Before becoming pregnant I was studying psychology. My main interest was grieving stages, people going through traumas and how to support and approach people. I have always wanted to try to work in a funeral home. Nigel didn´t pick up on her, I did and I was fuming!! I was quietly crying by James’s bed and she stood over me with her nervous laughter. She couldn´t move away for a bit and she had to keep on talking saying idiotic things. Only reason why I didn´t ask her politely to go away was because of Nigel and James.

No comments: