Tuesday 8 April 2008





Tuesday 4th of March- Check-up to clear Rs-virus

James and I were at x-ray2 unit at 11.30. Same procedure as always but this time I remembered my small camera :o). Well it was a strip for James as always, sandbag over his legs and his arms up by the side of his head. Second x-ray his on his side with arms lifted away from his chest. It took a couple of minutes. We left for ward 67 and I had some lunch. I had a little chat with the staff, they were very nice as always :o).I met up with Jenny James head nurse, she is a star and happy and bubbly like me. Elisabeth our contact nurse was there as well, she is unbearable! The three of us had a chat and some giggles. Jenny had some dreams about James and I which were really funny. (Hey jenny if you are up for it I leave him one evening with you in Eslöv hahahaah! I am sure you will see he can turn out to be a lion and not only a sweet little kitten ;o)
Dr Peter Munkhammar (James signed doctor) did the scan on James. During the procedure when he was examining the flow in James Shano shunt the curve looked irregular. I asked him why it looked strange and he said after some more examining that the shunt has steno sis where it is attached to the lung artery a cause of time. I was not shocked James should have had his op a time ago and time is slowly running out it was expected. But of course a worry hit me. I told Peter that we had done our best to keep James away from his siblings as much as we have been able to. But then I fell ill and had a major cold and was knocked out for a couple of days. I said to him it is a miracle he is not sick so far, and the operation is just a week from now.
Peter is a very nice doctor, talkative, a soft approach and has a sense of humour :o.

No comments: