Tuesday 8 April 2008




Friday 7th of March- Signing in for OP

Eh well, James had been whining and cried for two days when this day arrived. No fever before but of course he had medium high fever on the signing in day. The doctor Sverrir still wanted him to come up to the ward 67 to still do all the check ups and maybe be on pencillin. I felt like I had the whole world on my shoulders while I drove to the hospital. I knew the operation would be off for some days ayleast depending on what they found. I knew my beloved parents in laws was on the plane to come over and support us for the operation. Just Like the last time James became sick just when it was time for the operation. I had a lot of sympathies from the staff when we arrived. Blood tests were taken, x-rays on his lungs, ekg and heart-scan which was held by Sverrir. James was happy during the scan. He has been watching the TV lately, of course Cartoon networks is popular at home and now with James as well. Every time Sverrir added colour to the flow in heart James looked at the screen and did his baby talk. I thought “yeah Cartoon networks, cool!!!!! Sverrir gave James what he asked for. When he started boringly whining he turn on the colours and James was happy again. I asked Sverrir about James fontanel since I imagined that morning it was bulging out more. Sverrir said it can happen when they have the three days fever. Phew, ha ha ha ha so meningitis, enphaceolitis , and all other silly ideas I could throw in the bin. I was ridiculously worried and overreacting this morning. James infection test was 39 and it is supposed to be under 8 if you don’t have an bacterial infection. James x-ray looked good. I said to Sverrir it was a relief James did not have pneumonia since when you have this you usually is around 40 on the infection test. I knew this from before, and it was a big relief James did not have pneumonia when I knew the surgeon then would not touch him in weeks because of the risks. Obviously Sverrir agreed on the relief it was not pneumonia. He prescribed penicillin to be on the safe side. Something was up with James but he could not put a finger on it. James ears were fine and his throat. I felt a bit uncomfortable not knowing why his bacterial level was high.
I had talked to a very dear friend of mine the other day. I had planned to go over to hers for a coffee, but now James had fever and she did not feel well. She asked if it was ok if her husband came up to the ward because they had bought something for James with his operation coming up. M came over, I´ll tell you this to have their support is a true treasure and they are very precious to us. They are so extraordinary unselfish, generous with huge empathy. This couple lost their beautiful boy some months back. Their little a Darling Angel was a heart-child as well. There are no words for how much their support mean to me!!!!!!!! It is invaluable that they know what we go through in many ways which is not easy for others to understand, really. Of course I was stuffing my face with pastry when M showed up. We chatted for a bit and he gave me the gift they had bought for James. What they had bought was priceless. A small reproduction of a wood statue, now in polystone featuring an Guardian Angel holding a child by its hands. M and K´s Darling Angel has a similar statue on his grave, featuring an Angel with a child in its arms. There is a whole selection of statues I now would like to collect. :o)
Driving home from the hospital I had the radio on and the song “show me heaven” started playing. I had a good cry for the first time in a long time; for my friends being so generous and caring even though they have an indescribable lost they are grieving, for Darling Angel and for James now being sick again, yet an operation date postponed and all the disappointment and worries which comes with it.
Nigel, Mum and Dad came home rather late since Nigel had to do shopping and go to the pharmacy for James. The last places James should be in, a shop full of bacteria’s and a pharmacy is even worse. Well this meant my poor in laws had to start their Sweden stay with shopping around. I bet they were not surprised ;o). I fixed tea and tried to comfort a worried James at the same time. When James´s Nana and Grand Dad arrived and they started to entertain him. James still had fever but he had paracetamol regularly. James vomited a couple of times. Not big amounts though since he was on continuous feeding drip. I had James downstairs in a babysitter and I slept in the sofa to have close watch on him.

No comments: